- Kathriin Utt (1986), Metal Oxide Mesostructures for Optical Applications, defended in 2016.
- Mihkel Rähn (1983), Experimental nanophotonics: single-photon sources- and nanofiber-related studies, defended in 2015.
- Siim Pikker (1984), Modification in the emission and spectral shape of photostable fluorophores by nanometallic structures, defended in 2014.
- Sven Lange (1980), Spectroscopic and Phase-stabilisation Properties of Pure and Rare-earth Ions Activated ZrO2 and HfO2, defended in 2010.
- Valter Kiisk (1977), Optical investigation of metal-oxide thin films, defended in 2006.
- Andres Osvet (1966), Photochromic properties of radiation-indused defects in diamond , defended in 1998.
- Mark Aizengendler (1958), Photostimulated transformation of aggregate defects and spectral hole burning in a neutron-irradiated sapphire, defended in 1992.
- Ivan Dolindo (1963), Creation and detection of nonequalibrium phonons in KCl-NO2 impurity crystals by optical methods, defended in 1988.
- Laurits Puust, Photoluminescence, thermo- and optically stimulated luminescence of monoclinic zirconia, defended in 2015.
- Sven Lange (1980), Rare-earth ions in metal oxide films: investigation of photoexcitation mechanisms. defended in 2005.
- Valter Kiisk (1977), Photoluminescence characterisation of TiO2, defended in 2002.
- Natalia Zazubovich (1976), Optical characteristics of CsPbBr3 and CsPbBr6 aggregates and Pb2+ centers in CsBr:Pb crystals, defended in 2000.
- Jaan Männik (1972), Influence of nanocrystalline surrounding on impurity optical spectra, defended in 1996.
Lecture courses and teaching aids
FKMF.02.011 "Practical Works in Structure of Matter II"
FKEF.01.028 "Master's Course in Experimental Physics"